About H & F Badcock Mouldings
Badcocks enjoys an enviable reputation in the world of fine plaster. The business was originally started way back in 1870 by Herbert and Fredric Badcock – two artisan craftsmen with a strong eye for quality and detail.
Within a few years, H & F Badcock became well established throughout London as specialists in fine plaster moulding. Since then, the business has been passed down through generations of skilled craftsmen – many of whom started out on their own plaster moulding careers as apprentices in the firm.
The current principal of H & F Badcock Mouldings Ltd is Simon Pavitt. Simon started his career in fine plasterwork as an apprentice with Badcocks over 35 years ago. Since then he’s worked in all areas of the business, learning traditional skills which are personally handed down through the generations from one craftsman to another.
Over the years, Simon’s had a hand in producing literally thousands of plasterwork pieces. If you’re ever in London, you may well have walked past some of his work without even realising.
Here are just some of the reasons why our clients choose to use Badcocks:
- Excellent Value. At Badcocks we don’t have expensive offices, teams of salesmen or plush showrooms. By working hard to keep our overheads low, we can pass these savings on to you in the form of lower rates.
- Total Authenticity. At Badcocks, we take great pride in our work. All our own products are traditionally manufactured “in house” in our own workshops using our own authentic plaster mouldings. Unlike other companies, we do not simply buy in and resell inferior mass-produced modern plaster products.
- Personal Attention. Whenever you use us, a member of our management team will be personally responsible for managing your project. By having one key point of contact, this means you’ll always know exactly how your project is progressing
- A Wealth of Experience. H & F Badcock is well known for producing fine quality plaster mouldings since 1870. We’re one of the oldest plaster moulding companies in the UK.
- A Piece of History. The most valuable asset in our business is our collection of original moulds – some dating back over 75 years. By using these unique moulds, it gives you the assurance your plasterwork is totally authentic and period correct.
- Finest Quality. Each plaster item we produce is individually checked at all stages of the manufacturing process to ensure it always meets our highest standards of quality control.
- Product Choice. We’ve built up quite a large range of different plaster products over the years, so the chances are we probably have exactly what you’re looking for. If not, we can either suggest suitable alternatives or manufacture bespoke plasterwork for you.
- Flexibility. At Badcocks, we work with individuals, companies and heritage organisations. We’re here to help whether you need a small section of cornice replaced, or want all the plasterwork in your Victorian Villa authentically restored to its former glory.
To learn more about how we can help you, please call Simon personally on 07721 988 833 and he’ll be happy to discuss your requirements. If it’s more convenient, you can also send us a brief message.